The City of Sydney Council is excited to announce the launch of its new business innovation accelerator program, designed to support and encourage the growth of startups in the retail, hospitality, and tourism sectors. The program will be delivered by DisruptorsCo.com, a leading innovation agency that has worked with some of the most successful startups in the country.
The Business Innovation Accelerator Program is a free, 12 week program that will provide businesses with the tools, resources, and mentorship they need to take their businesses to the next level. The program will focus on developing innovative solutions to some of the biggest challenges facing these sectors, such as adapting to changing consumer preferences, improving sustainability, and enhancing the customer experience.
“We’re thrilled to be launching this program and supporting the growth of innovative startups in the retail, hospitality, and tourism sectors,” said Lord Mayor Clover Moore. “These industries are so important to the city’s economy, and we want to do everything we can to help startups succeed and thrive.”
Startups accepted into the program will receive a range of benefits, including:
- Access to expert mentors and advisors from DisruptorsCo.com and other leading firms
- Intensive workshops and training sessions on topics such as design thinking, marketing, and finance
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with other startups in the program
- Access to co-working spaces and other resources.
Applications for the program are now open, and interested startups can apply online through the City of Sydney website. The program is open to:
- Independent and small-to-medium-sized businesses (less than 200 employees) in retail, food and beverage or tourism sectors. We would also welcome applications from fast growing social enterprises and First Nations businesses
- Both bricks and mortar stores and online retail sites. We are interested to hear from online businesses committed to establishing pop up opportunities or bricks and mortar operations in the City of Sydney local area
- Businesses with a minimum of two years operating experience, currently in the growth/scale-up stage.
The program is open to startups that have been in operation for less than two years, have a product or service that is relevant to the retail, hospitality, or tourism sectors, and are based in the City of Sydney local government area.
“We’re excited to be working with the City of Sydney council to deliver this program and help support the growth of startups in these important sectors,” said DisruptorsCo.com Co-CEO, Gavin Heaton. “Because places in the program are limited, we are hosting an information session on Monday, 20 March 2023 at 6pm to answer any questions and to help businesses submit a really competitive application to the program .”